Home
 

History
 

Weddings
 

Tour
 

Contact Us

 

 

 

Gramann House was built on the original town site then known as Common Street, in Victoria, Texas for Henry Carl Gramann and his wife, Mary Ann Hanauer Gramann. The lot was purchased in 1887 and the house was completed in 1888.

Henry Gramann was a prominent merchant, the owner of the H. Gramann Grocery, located on the corner of Sante Rosa and Main Streets in Downtown Victoria, Texas.

The Gramann's were the parents of five children, Sophia, Carl, Anna, Les and Alfreda "Babe". Gramann House remained in the Gramann family for 91 years until it was sold to Pat Kenedy in 1979. In 1981, the home was purchased by Vance and Jana Longlois who continued to own the home today.

Gramann House is a fine example of Victorian Italian Architecture constructed by German Settlers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Its elegant lines are simple, yet sturdy. The house is constructed of cypress and retains its original slate roof. The front of the home features ~ Five sided bay windows, a front porch and an upper balcony.

Gramann House was listed in the National Historic Register on December 9, 1986 and in 1998 was awarded the prestigious  Preservation Award by Victoria Preservation Inc.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~ Gramann House - 302 East Goodwin - Victoria, Texas